The Computer Radiation Problem
Use This modern era where technology stuff are at its peak. Many people own electronic gadgets and are a part of their daily life. The amount of time that a person spends in front of an electronic device is growing every day. What’s more disturbing is that even toddlers are given tablets and phones as their toy. This reality makes the issue of the computer radiation problem very alarming. Particularly with those gadgets often used in close contact with one’s body.
What is Electro-Magnetic Radiation or EMR?
According to Google Dictionary, Electromagnetic radiation or EMR is a kind of radiation including visible light, radio waves, gamma rays, and X-rays, in which electric and magnetic fields vary simultaneously. Computers and electronic devices today can generate both radio frequency and low-frequency EMR. These two types of radiation are considered harmful. The World Health Organization or WHO even considers these types of radiation as carcinogens, one that can cause cancer.
Computer Radiation Effects on Health
- Skin Burns, Irritation and dry, itchy skin
- Eyestrain, dry eyes, and blurred vision
- Affects the brain that can cause forgetfulness. Increased risk of brain tumor and brain cancer
- It can cause birth defects, spontaneous abortion, and genetic damage during pregnancy.
- Linked to other serious diseases like Cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, heart disease, asthma, hormonal imbalance.
- It can also damage one’s nervous system, reproductive system, and immune system.
Symptoms of Computer Radiation
Frequent and Prolong Exposure to radiation-emitting devices like cell phones and computers are often dismissed as overwork, stress and of old age. Such symptoms include:
- Concentration and memory disorders
- Muscle and joint pains
- Heart palpitations
- Dry and swollen mucous membrane in throat, sinuses or ears.
Tips how to avoid Computer Radiation
- Take frequent breaks away from your computer or any electromagnetic device. A 20-second break every 20 minutes and looking at objects 20 feet away should do the trick.
- Exercise regularly.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a healthy diet. Be sure to consume enough vitamin A and C.
- Use a monitor with flat screens like LED or laptop, rather than old monitors that have cathode ray tube (CTD emits radiation). You will be safer using the monitor with flatscreens or LED at a normal distance.
- Check your eyes for any refraction error. If necessary, use glasses to get it corrected.
- To neutralize the radiation, you can keep an ionizer near the computer.
- Use radiation protection glasses and radiation filter. These can eliminate more than 90% of the radiation.
- Put plants near your computer. Particularly, cacti. Cactus has the ability to absorb radiation coming out of computer.